09 February 2012

Let's See What the New Girl Can Do

Today wasn't much. I was in the office all day (the elevator is still broken so I walked up 7 flights of stairs again) and barely moved from my desk/half of a folding table. I was supposed to meet the ever-charming Cameron on set before lunch call to help set up, but the boss man found some actual intern-like work for me to do. So my day was divided between dividing his receipts and organizing the photos of EVERY house they considered using as a set for The Corrections and every house they never used in other shows and kept in mind.
It's so easy to send the intern out, but why didn't they? I can't believe how tired I was from today, and how much I wanted Cameron to call and say they needed me on set, but I doubt they would actually need me on set for anything other than when Cameron wants help carrying tables.
I also must be going deaf from working in the city because today everyone had to repeat things 3 times before I could properly hear what they were telling me to do.
More on seeing what the new girl can do, with those photos I had to sort them by place, not just be street address, but by counties. So the office decided to see how much of New York the new girl knew. I was complaining the whole time in the back of my head about how I didn't know the Bronx from Brooklyn (but now I do). I had fun finding out names though. I never knew there was a town called Nyack. Such a weird name. Or Mill Neck. How did these ancient settlers come up with these names?

Anywhich on a side note, I picked up a book yesterday at Barnes and Nobles. Now I can generally get lost in a bookstore and not want to ever come out, but this time I only had so much time because I had to buy groceries, so I stopped in for a little bit of new reading. I looked through the teen fiction section (NOT Twilight) and picked up a book by one of my favourite authors Julie Anne Peters. Julie helps me through my moments more than any song or person ever has. I remember reading my first book by her Far from Xanadu and how it changed my life. I must have read it 5 times since I got it a year ago. She helped me find myself and realize who I was (a work that is still in progress). I proudly own Luna, Keeping You a Secret, Rage: A Love Story, and By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead which I have sitting next to me at this very moment. As far as I've read, this book is about a suicidal teenage girl, Daelyn, who wants to become a "completer" which is one who does not fail at suicide. As of now she has found a website that is helping her find out how to finish what she started. It is a morbid book, but death is a morbid subject no matter how it is caused. I might have to make a separate entry for books...


I don't know if I could have used this book during my worst times. It seems to be encouraging me to take my life into my own hands, but I don't know what I would have done with it at that time. I love this book though, and Julie. Her writing is always real, making me actually feel what is going on in her works. I need more of her books, they are my drug.

No comments:

Post a Comment