04 February 2012

An Encounter of the Creepy Kind

Some people are just creepy. Not in the good way either, you know like how your best-est ever friend knows where you are creepy, but a complete stranger stopping you in the middle of the street to talk to you creepy. Well tonight I was initiated into the creepy part of the New York night life. Being the tourist that I am I was walking down Times Square and taking pictures. Then this guy tells me that it's illegal to film in New York. "Yeah sure..." but I put my phone away because I have had more than my fair share of dealings with undercover cops. Then as I cross the street the same guy says to me, "Can I ask you a question? If a guy were to tell you that you're cute, what would you say?" My first response: "I would say I'm gay."
Now ladies, that is a go-to response that we all use to frighten off the creepers, but I was being honest. He seemed harmless, but maybe it was just his use of the word "cute." Anywhich he says to me, "That's cool; I'm a girl."
Really? You would go with that? Anything but that please. You really seem to want to have sex or at least hang around me for a little bit, but do you seriously think I would find that funny? Or could he have been serious? What kind of randy git would want to bang a lesbian who thought that the overly obvious man was a woman? Would anyone want to even date someone that stupid?
This city is full of weird people, so is the state, and Virginia, and the rest of the country, and the world...Mars is probably full of weird people too, hopefully Rumbleroar keeps an eye on those ones.
Going back over the situation, I can think of other things I could have used, depending on how I wanted the situation to go. "You're cute" could have been followed with "Yeah I know" or "What you looking at?" or "So is that puppy" or even the classic "Fuck off" though that one could be seen as an invitation by the more perverted minds. Really I could have gone a million ways with that one scenario, and I'm sure anyone else could too, except for the girl that fell for his act..
I walked away and kept checking over my shoulder if he was following me, but that's the thing about these New York creepy guys, they know they've only got 1 shot. Back in Virginia they don't care what you say, they just keep on coming. This creepy is tolerable and even good for the occasional laugh, but I don't ever want to tangle with those southern boys again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh? Just in NYC and now calling us Northern Virginianese Southerners? We're on the same latitude as Southern Ohio, you know!
    Next time, try saying you're a nun.
    Hahaha. I don't know. It's late. I'm tired.

    ReplyDelete