20 February 2012

3 Weeks

It's been 3 weeks and I'm homesick. But not for a place. I'm homesick for familiar faces, my friends, and most of all my dog, horse, and cat. Each time I see a mounted police man I miss riding my horse. Every time I pass someone walking a big dog I miss mine. And my cat, well I just miss her, but she doesn't do much so there isn't much that reminds me of her, except maybe the stray cats I see every once in a while.
I'm also really really tired. I got up at 6:00 and worked at the office from 8:00 to 18:00 these past few weeks, and I realized this is almost the same pattern I had while I was in school. Great... Yeah I use the 24-hour clock so that way I don't confuse myself, also I think it sounds cool and makes more sense.
Today of all days, I went to the office 50 blocks from my apartment, only to find the door locked. I contacted the people I worked with and well apparently we had the day off. So I walked back. It was cold. And lonesome. My Zune (yes I have a Zune and still use it) was on it's last bit of battery, flashing red since I left my place, yet it lasted almost 2 hours. Needless to say I was impressed.
I was also impressed, and somewhat creeped out, when I found a page from my physics notes between my bed and the wall. I would have sworn that I threw all of them in the recycling bin. Roommate and I had a discussion about this, and how some of her old friends used to have a bonfire with their old notes. Maybe that's what I should have done. Like how medieval persons burned "witches" at the stake so that they would die and never come back. I should have burned my notes, so that they wouldn't haunt me. Maybe if I roasted marshmallows over the fire and then ate the marshmallows, then I would be able to remember what was written in them. Okay, that's not going to happen, but that would be supermegafoxyawesomehot if it did.
Who knew sorbet was vegan? I guess it's kind of obvious now that I think about it, but still, how much normal* stuff can vegans eat?

*normal=omnivorous diet

No comments:

Post a Comment