05 February 2012

I've been here 1 week

I've been lost, hit on, tired, starving, laughing, put in  a white van, and just plain me. Not completely in that order though.
Apparently there is some big thing with football going on...today?
Oh well. I prefer to watch some astronaut accountants from space (and Jocelyn).
But I've regretted things in the time I've been here. I regret not telling people I was leaving, like a girl who was sort of special to me, or one that I cared for very much. I regret not saying goodbye to them and maybe having something to look forward to when I return. If I'm there for long enough that is.
I'm not homesick. I never really had a home back in Virginia. Home is where you feel comfortable with yourself and your surroundings and where you are loved and respected. Home is where you feel safe. Home is where you want to be when life sucks. Home is not the address you give the delivery guy so he can find you. I was homeless in Virginia. The closest thing I ever had to a home was when I was with my friends. It didn't even matter where we were. We could have been in the basement of the guy I can't stand, walking aimlessly though neighborhoods we swore were parallel universes, meandering the hallways of high school, or just chilling in somebody's house. What I want is for my friends to come here so I can hang out with other people than just myself. I want my home to come to me.
I've learned a good number of things since I moved here. I've learned to appreciate takeout food when you have a tiny apartment with an minuscule kitchen. I've learned how overpriced everything is here. I've learned how to ride the subway without getting on the wrong train. I've learned that I can walk anywhere. I've learned that I need a jet-pack. I've learned that you kind of need a measuring cup for cooking. I've learned to love Frozen Yogurt more than Ice Cream (not hating it, but FroYo doesn't make my tummy go ech...). I've learned how to make rice.
This week has gone by so quickly, and I've only worked 2 days. Will I be here much longer? The length of my stay depends entirely on how the pilot goes. If it goes well I could be looking at staying until April. If it doesn't, well I'll be packing my bags on the 29th of February if I don't get another job. Well, that's show business!

No comments:

Post a Comment