07 February 2012

La Di Da

You know how when there is a song in your head that you can't get rid of?
You know how when there is a song that completely describes how you feel?
You know how when there is a song that helps you through a situation?
Well that was kinda my day. I walked up and down the streets between the office and the subway station and set and back all day with a song. I hummed; I sang; I almost danced except I didn't want to chance hurting my laptop or some innocent bystander. That song was "I Think I Love You" by The Partridge Family. Weird. The song is about (can you guess) love. Here are the lyrics for those of you that want to know.
Or you could just watch the video...
It helped me through my day, not the working, but the mentality I've been dealing with for a while. You see there was this girl. One that I got my guts back for so I could get the courage to tell her how I feel. How did I feel? Well I sprung up in my bed and screamed out the words I still dread, "I think I love you." I planned to tell her, but I couldn't bring myself to. Then she disappeared for a while and I was scared, alone, depressed, but I don't want to go there. This is about self-growth. When the lovely Houdini reappeared, I told her...I shouted it when she walked into the room.
I told myself that if she said to go away I would. She did, sort of . She told me to back off, and disappeared again. I finally went away.
I had planned to tell her I was leaving. I planned to apologize for not telling her. I planned on having some way to say goodbye. But today when I was trying to think of how to say that I wondered why, and I realized it didn't matter. What had happened was real, but now it is over.
This song might not have told me to forget about her, but it helped me to remember what it was like to think you love someone and be afraid to tell them because you aren't sure. It helped me to realize that it was the right move to tell her, otherwise I would still be obsessing over what could have been.
To be cliché: It helped me realize it is better to have loved and lost, then to never have loved at all.
This chapter of my life needs an ending.
The lovely Houdini ran off with some guy and was never heard from again. Meku moved to New York and forgot all about her as she chased trains under the streets of Manhattan. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment