15 February 2012

Demetri Martin

So I saw Levi MacDougall tonight. Very interesting. I didn't even know who he was until tonight. I actually went to see Demetri Martin originally, but this guy showed up on stage. I did enjoy his performance though. DEMETRI MARTIN! DEMETRI MARTIN! I was very happy to get a ticket the day before the show. It was hilarious. I definitely laughed more tonight than I normally do when I watch him online. I'm not sure if he's funnier in person or not. I think it might have to do with the fact that I was not alone and did not feel like a loser when I laughed at something funny. Yeah I watch comedy shows when I'm alone, and I don't laugh. So I guess it's just because I feel kind of pathetic when I'm alone and laughing out loud. So I got to let my fake hair down tonight and laugh my non-existent face off.
But here is the creepy part. After the show I left (shocking!) I had gone by myself as I didn't know Roommate's plans for the evening. As I was leaving the building, this guy and I made eye-contact. Oh golly...Then he started talking to me. I didn't want to be rude, so I answered him and we conversed about the show. We went one block and I had to go straight, and he went straight. Another block the same thing. And again. It got a little strange after a while. But this James character and I were walking around, conversing, I now know plenty about him, but when we got to my street, I paused. He asked where I lived. I pointed in the opposite direction or my building and said, "up there some place." Here's the thing. I was pretty damn sure the guy was gay. It was just something about him that just made my gay-dar go off, but I really didn't want to assume.
My moment of glory for the night: James was confused for a second as to where to go. He said he had to get to 6th Avenue, and he didn't know where to go. He's a New Yorker even, though he is from Queens. I gave him directions! I felt so proud of myself. After only being here for 17 days, I was able to give someone directions! Happy Happy Happy Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment