24 March 2012

Oh Lens Village-WHY ME?

So I ordered some lenses from Lens Village earlier this month. They had a sale on their Pop.C Light Lenses, and I ordered a pair in green to replace my old ones that had become damaged, and a pair in grey. I waited patiently for almost a month, when it finally arrived on Thursday the 22nd of March. I was so happy, even though I missed it and had to go to the post office on Friday to claim my package.
Walking back from the post office I was elated, and couldn't wait to try out my new grey eyes, when Aileen called: "Could you possibly work this afternoon?" How could I say no? If I said yes then I was giving up my precious free time, and if I said no then I would feel bad about not doing my job. You see I don't get paid for this internship, so I don't really have a reason to be working 5 days a week. I only said yes because I am in this new job for only 2 weeks, and would like to build up some kind of reputation as a reliable person.
Well when I got back from work there were only 2 things on my mind: food and sleep. Those being done I drifted off without a care in the world, dreaming of the next day when I would go to the Central Park Zoo. Waking up, I had a different feeling.
I decided to wear my new lenses, the grey ones, so I could see if they were comfortable. However when I picked up the first one (left, even though it doesn't really matter since they are 0 power) It was damaged, sliced down the middle. I was extremely disappointed that my order was damaged, and equally upset that now I had to write an email to the company complaining. Lens Village has not been entirely reliable: my last order from them took 8 weeks to "process" and with this order I'm pretty sure they gave me the wrong tracking number. But this puts it over the top. I am upset that my lens was damaged, and now I just hope that they will reply soon. If they don't, I really don't know what I'll do, probably just email them every day until they respond.

1 comment:

  1. Sad... Ii just ordered from them did you go express?? Thinking about the 8 wks now.

    ReplyDelete