29 March 2012

I Ran Away From Work

I ran away from home work last night. I almost had to call a car, but I didn't want to waste $21 dollars, when there was a $2.25 train a few blocks away. The women all said it wasn't safe, but I knew I was fine. They kept calling me back inside when I tried to walk out, so it was almost 23:00 by the time I got out of there. I made the first train, but because they had kept me so long, I missed my connection to Manhattan (I work in Brooklyn by the way and the fastest way back is to go through Queens and then Midtown) and it was the last train of the night. So I walked to another station. No more trains there. So I walked to another station. No more trains there. I ended up walking to the bridge, which I couldn't cross because it's like a really highway, and I tried to find another bridge across the river, but couldn't. Around midnight I waved down a taxi, who luckily had a GPS. He was a nice guy, he even stopped charging me a few blocks from my place. Not all taxi drivers are horrible, but I still don't like taxis because they are so over-priced.

No comments:

Post a Comment