25 March 2012

Inner Child Is Very Pleased

So my problems are solved! Well some of them at least. My iPod touch came yesterday with it's 2 free protective cases! I have an iPod! My father would kill me. I think mostly bought it for the headphones though. I really love it!
The main point which my inner child was pleased with was the zoos. That's right: plural(s). I saw the Central Park Zoo and the Bronx Zoo. Both extremely awesome to a girl who hadn't been to a zoo since she was 12. The Central Park Zoo is so cute! I was laughing and pretty much embracing my ADHD side the entire time. POLAR BEAR! It's tiny for a zoo, but it's very good at utilizing space, like many NYC apartments. SNOW LEOPARD! Along with other attractions there are different areas for different climates: the Tropical Zone, the Temperate Zone, and the Arctic Zone. When it's cold the Tropics are the best place to go, if you don't mind clearing the fog off of your camera lens every 30 seconds. PENGUINS! The 4-D theater was awesome! They don't really keep track of whether or not people return the glasses though, which was fine with me! I got another pair of nerdy-looking glasses to show my friends I have no life! Haha...friends...like I have any. MONKEYS! Food is way too expensive. I spent $12 on a bottle of coke and a tuna salad sandwich. COWS! I even went to the Children's Zoo, because I had bought a "Complete Experience Ticket" so I was going to make the most of it. I was so surprised at how everybody was so enthralled by the pigs, goats, sheep, and cow. I mean I can sort of understand looking at an alpaca, but a cow? Those things used to be in my backyard! Get over it you city-folk! A pigeon landed in the polar bear tank, and honestly I'd hoped that the bear would be hungry for a light snack. I don't like pigeons. Or chickens. Or geese. Or cockatiels. Or a lot of birds. I'm not a bird person, except for penguins, ducks, and parrots. Those ones are okay.
I went to the Bronx after that because no matter how cool the Central Park Zoo is, you just get disappointed that you didn't see Marty the Zebra and Alex the Lion. Yeah, I'm a kid. TIGERS! This zoo had buffalo, excuse me, bison. And deer (okay it was a New Zealand deer, but still). Crazy somethings. There were elephants too, but I couldn't see them. *insert sadface*
All this zooing made me realize how much I missed all my kid shows: Jaws and Claws, Croc Hunter, and most of all Zoboomafoo! I think Zoboo will help me beat this Walking Dead kick I've been on. At least until I find season 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment